Tuesday, May 31, 2016

An Attempt At Plumbing Repair

My kitchen sink was faced with a two headed problem not long ago. First, the handle of the faucet began spraying water everywhere. I had to turn off the water for the sink until I could figure out a way to fix it. Then, the pipe under the sink started to leak. I made a temporary fix by putting a bucket underneath the trap while I made a decision to pay for plumber Austin TX or do it myself.

After a long thought process, I decided that it would be best for me to try my own repairs. The local plumbers in my area are a little bit out of my price range, and with a simple look at some online videos, I knew I could fix the plumbing problems myself. First I started by repairing the trap under the sink. I chose the trap first because I wanted any water from above to drain freely while I fixed the faucet.

Fixing the trap was as simple as removing it and replacing it with a new one that I bought from the hardware store. For the faucet, I had to disassemble it and examine the parts. There was a broken ring inside the handle that needed to be replaced.

1 comment:

  1. You made my day awesome. Great post buddy!. For some additional tips on how to repair I found this site. I am sure this site is the best plumbing services sydney. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete